Tuesday 18 October 2016

Traditional Christmas

I have been creating Christmas cards again (well, it is only just over 2 months to go now).  This time I thought I would try something a bit different, using the stamp and poinsettia scoring boards that came with this month's Papercraft Inspirations magazine.  This is not my usual style at all, but I do enjoy going out of my confort zone from time to time.  I think it's turned out quite classy.

I stamped the sentiment onto a white die cut oval and coloured it with Polychromos pencils, then layered it onto a die cut scalloped oval.  I created the poinsettias using the scoring board, rubberd soem gold gilding wax over them and along the edges and layered them up.  I added some micro beads to the centres.  I then layered everything onto patterned paper, added a large gold bow and added somm glitter glue to the sentiment, finisihing it off with two little gold pearls at the corners.

1 comment:

Cazro said...

Wow! You have jumped out of your comfort box. An amazing card. So different from your usual style. Congrats. Caz